Colour

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Fourth

Ahhh, the Fourth. I love it. It’s my favorite holiday.  Now it might be surpassed by a true white Christmas with snowflakes, George Winston’s December, and a warm fire, but a balmy December 25 takes an easy backseat to Independence Day in my eyes. I love sunny skies, juicy watermelon, corn on the cob, sweaty headed babies and the crackle & smell of fireworks. 

This year we had the best of both worlds: we spent the beginning of the extended weekend with our friends at the lake in Nebraska and the latter portion of the weekend with family at both my parents' and grandparents' houses.  Below are just a few of my favorite shots from the weekend.

Nebraska: At the lake we grilled out, drank summer brew, skied, tubed, fished, played polish horse shoes, lit fireworks, and just generally laughed a lot and relaxed in the sun.   And I should mention that Molly went and bought a brand spankin' new camera that puts my Nikon to shame so the really beautiful pictures are hers.



Turtle Time! in the baby pool at the Larsen's cabin. Lucy had a hayday in it; splashing around and DUNKING HER FACE.  She has no fear of the water. It's both great and a little scary at the same time.







Don't worry.  It was only her second beer. 

Chris, Lucy and Kiki.
 Dang!  She blinked.



It's a pretty special thing to watch a friend you've known your whole life love on your baby.  And trust me when I say Al does it well.

Ha!  This picture is a bit of a re-do.


 
Larry: Once back home we had a last minute visitor in town – Tyson was home from Phoenix for a few days!  So the end of the weekend proved to be as busy as the beginning.  More fun!  My parents host a breakfast at their house the morning of the 4th and everyone usually jogs/bikes over, eats too much and then jumps in the pool.  Later in the afternoon we migrate to my grandparents house for an art project created by my grandma paired with more food and more kaboom.

















No comments:

Post a Comment