Colour

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch

Last weekend we went to the pumpkin patch; it is an annual excursion with my grandparents.  They have been hauling grandkids out there ever since I can remember and it is a tradition I'm highly fond of.  I remember two rules and I think they are still the same: 1. If you are a kid, grandkid, or great-grandkid of theirs and you are in town, you are invited and it is strongly encouraged that you go and 2. If you can carry it yourself, at least back to the wagon where will Grandpa usually bail you out, that pumpkin can be yours.  Oh and secret rule #3 is that Grandma always pulls out a snack of some sort for everyone to share while we are waiting for our pumpkins to be weighed. 

This being Lucy's first trip, I'd like to say we did it right.

A ride on Grandpa's shoulders:


Honestly, the best of about 10 that were taken:

Lucy and Great-Grandpa:

Lucy with Grandma and Grandpa:

Big Girl!  She was hilarious, pointing in every direction; someone mentioned "future weathergirl" and I had to laugh because that was exactly what it looked like.


Engrossed in the chickens:


About half of us who were there:

No comments:

Post a Comment