Colour

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blizzard 2011

That’s the technical term that news anchors and weathermen/women alike are using.  Referring to previous storms as blizzards is incorrect and only does injustice to the rare occasions when a blizzard like this actually comes along.  It’s affected 100 MILLION people and 30 states across the US; this one is for real.  For those of us in Lawrence that meant roughly 8 inches of snow in one day, winds gusting up to 40 mph and temperatures well below zero.  I think we got off fairly easy considering there were 70 mph winds in Chicago and 24+ inches of snow along I-70 east of Kansas City (but who cares about Missouri, right?! :) ).  And lucky for us, for the most part we have been hunkered down with the cutest baby on the planet; officially.  Oh and that cute baby I speak of has been around for three whole months now... 















THREE MONTHS!

4 comments:

  1. She really is the most beautiful baby, objectively speaking! You are absolutely right, Anne. I'm serious! xoxo, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to LOVE her wild woman hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I'm so in love with her wild & crazy hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your blog, Anne: ) I can't believe how much Lucy has changed already, and I can't wait to see her - and you - again soon!

    ReplyDelete